Thread: Stocking hangers

Stocking hangers

My wife bought these cute little stocking hangers to sit on the edge of the mantle. They're little figurines with hooks on them for stockings. The problem is that if the stockings are a little too heavey, the hangers won't sit on the mantle, they get pulled down. (poorly designed i guess). Any suggestions how I can stick these to my mantle temporarilay but securely without messing up the finish on my mantle?

have you tried velcro!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

3M Makes a double-sided removable tape. It permanently sticks on one side (this would be attached to the hangers) and the other side is re-stickable and leaves no residue.
    Example.

Check your local hardware store, tell them you need strong, double-sided, but removable tape.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I don't fill the stockings until Christmas eve and then I put them under the tree.

I think the suggestion about the double sided tape will do..
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    I can't help you for this.I don't know,how to o this.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ChantelleJoy; 12-23-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Removed Off-Topic Link (Spam)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleD View Post
    My wife bought these cute little stocking hangers to sit on the edge of the mantle. They're little figurines with hooks on them for stockings. The problem is that if the stockings are a little too heavey, the hangers won't sit on the mantle, they get pulled down. (poorly designed i guess). Any suggestions how I can stick these to my mantle temporarilay but securely without messing up the finish on my mantle?
    You have two choices, I guess:

1. Don't put anything heavy in the stocking.

2. Do as Donna-50 does and put the stocking under the tree on Christmas Eve.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by KyleD View Post

Double-sided tape? - I took ours and instead of hanging them over the edge, I put them on the mantle - they lean back a bit but hold the stocking.
    http://XmasDVD.com - Watch Christmas clips, movies, commercials, cartoons and more, online all year long!

That's really interesting,your wife gave you Christmas gifts.
    Wishing you and your family a Happy New year also.Your wife loves you much.
    Thanks.