Thread: Christmas Songs with Soul

Christmas Songs with Soul

Greetings all, new to the forum here. I'm looking for Christmas songs that have a funky feel to them. I play in a band and wrote horn parts for a new Christmas song "Coal for Xmas" with a blues/soul band I play with. For a sample, plug in "Coal for Xmas" in amazon to hear a sample. Feedback appreciated!

I'm looking for other similar songs if anyone knows, I have an awesome James Brown Christmas song that I can't identify (only by number in my itunes) and am looking for others to compile a list of cool sounds that will fit the season!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray S.

Quote Originally Posted by coalforxmas View Post
    Greetings all, new to the forum here. I'm looking for Christmas songs that have a funky feel to them. I play in a band and wrote horn parts for a new Christmas song "Coal for Xmas" with a blues/soul band I play with. For a sample, plug in "Coal for Xmas" in amazon to hear a sample. Feedback appreciated!

I'm looking for other similar songs if anyone knows, I have an awesome James Brown Christmas song that I can't identify (only by number in my itunes) and am looking for others to compile a list of cool sounds that will fit the season!

Ray S.
    Hello and to the christmas forum..

:tree:

Welcome and enjoy sounds like your having a good time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Come to think of it, isn't this the perfect christmas song for tiger woods?

Donny Hathaway- This Christmas

Christmas songs simply puts all your worries away.
    Ideas for Christmas: http://ideasforchristmas.net

Funky with a Slight Mild Rock Feel

Listen to some of the old Ventures albums ... Maybe that will give you some Ideas.
    http://www.bestchristmas.net/

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday by Nsync

Quote Originally Posted by coalforxmas View Post

Ray S.
    if you like hard music, listen to the trans siberian orchestra, they do Christmas music and it is absolutely amazing!

Or maybe look up some christmas songs or christmas sermons and make your own music to them.
    MrsCasanova