Thread: Help. Looking for an old album.

Help. Looking for an old album.

Hi. My family is looking for an old album we used to enjoy as kids. The problem is we can't remember much about it. We know its blue and it had some kids choir singing on it. It might have had Burl Ives too. It contained 3 records in this album and I think it had a cut out copy of a ring toss with Santa on the back. We are not for sure if it was from the 60s or 70s but we think the 70s. It had songs like Suzy Snowflake and I saw mommy kissing Santa. We would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give us any information about this album.

Quote Originally Posted by yecckb View Post
    Hi. My family is looking for an old album we used to enjoy as kids. The problem is we can't remember much about it. We know its blue and it had some kids choir singing on it. It might have had Burl Ives too. It contained 3 records in this album and I think it had a cut out copy of a ring toss with Santa on the back. We are not for sure if it was from the 60s or 70s but we think the 70s. It had songs like Suzy Snowflake and I saw mommy kissing Santa. We would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give us any information about this album.
    The reason I found this board is because I too have been looking for this album and Google happened to spit me out in this thread. I had this album as a kid and somehow managed NOT to cut out the ring-toss game because I didn't want to ruin the sleeve!
    I can't think of the title but I do remember a few songs that were on it: Suzy Snowflake, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, All I Want For Christmas, just to name a few. i was born in 1974 and had that album my whole life (until about 10 years ago), so it is either from the late 60s early 70s. i'm going to see if either of my parents or brother remember the name.

Yay! I hope you can find more detail out. I've decided Burl Ives wasn't on it or it would have listed it in his discography. Suzy Snowflake was one song. My two front teeth was one. I would love to get a copy of this. Our mother passed away a couple of years ago and it was one of her favorites. I think the family would enjoy listening to it again.

sorry, no luck. no one remembers any more about it than i do. i'm still trying to figure out if "Christmas" or "Santa" was in the album title, because at one moment i thought it may have simply been called "Santa Claus is Comin' To Town" since Santa was on the cover. but many Google Image searches brought me nothing. what's really bothering me is that I actually came across a picture of the album online a few years ago and said "hey i remember that album". but i'm not giving up, and i hope you don't either!

You know what...that happened to me too. It was before my mom died. We were looking around and found it in a vintage music store. Wonder why I didnt get it then... Well good luck and keep trying. I will too.