Thread: inappropriate ad on ATC

Hybrid View

Unhappy inappropriate ad on ATC

I love ATC and so it greatly saddens me to find a very suggestive ad on your home page. I know I posted about it already, but thought it might be more noticed if I started a new thread. The ad is for something called 'Evony.' Call me a prude, but in my opinion it has absolutely no place on a wonderful Christmas website such as this. I am sorry to say that I don't think I will be frequenting ATC for a while. I will check back from time to time to see if the ad is still there, because I would really like to still use the forums. Have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving, everyone, and Merry Christmas, too, if I don't get back on and post.

Hi Steph

We are very sorry about this. We have had a test with a rotating geotargeted banner ad on the frontpage. Since it is geotargeted we are not always able to see what people in other places can see, but we will remove this banner immediately.

Such a banner has no place on allthingschristmas.com!

Thanks you for noticing!

Allthingschristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by allthingschristmas View Post
    Hi Steph

We are very sorry about this. We have had a test with a rotating geotargeted banner ad on the frontpage. Since it is geotargeted we are not always able to see what people in other places can see, but we will remove this banner immediately.

Such a banner has no place on allthingschristmas.com!

Thanks you for noticing!

Allthingschristmas.com
    Thank you thank you thank you for responding so quickly!!!!!! And thank you, also, for removing it! I'm so glad you explained it because I just assumed that you know what's on and that everyone could see what I was seeing. I am SO happy that I can still use the ATC site.

Talking

Thank you Steph for noticing that and thank you Allforchristmas for the quick removing of the ad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

you are welcome, Olga

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I had no idea it was there. I always go right to the Christmas Forum. I'm glad you removed it.