Thread: Scrooge

Wink Scrooge

Ive read this morning that Charles Dickens Christmas Carol comes to Greece (for the first time ever) in a few weeks!!

And what I liked most is that Ebenizer Scrooge is going to be JEREMY IRONS !!! Can you believe that??

Dickens's classic ghost story is here for only 2 theater performances,15 & 16 December 2009 and I think its gonna be a great experience!! (I also love Jeremy Irons )

Isn't wonderful ?
    Last edited by olga; 11-12-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Olga, that is FANTASTIC NEWS!

Jeremy Irons is a brilliant actor and I'm jealous that you'll see him perform.

You'll have to tell us all about it, of course!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Olga, that is FANTASTIC NEWS!

Jeremy Irons is a brilliant actor and I'm jealous that you'll see him perform.

You'll have to tell us all about it, of course!
    Well, the only thing that worries me is the distance... I'll have to travel 8 hours in order to get to Athens Concert Hall, as everything that has to do with Christmas shows, happen only in the capital of Greece...

But, as a huge fan of Christmas Carol Story and J. Irons, I do not intend to miss it friend...
    Last edited by olga; 11-12-2009 at 02:39 AM.

I saw a version of A Christmas Carol off-broadway (I live within 15 minutes of New York City, so I get in rather often) I was a one man performance by Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard of Star Trek) where he played every character in the production. I was really taken back by it all, I didn't think I was going to be able to follow one man playing some many rolls but he was FANTASTIC.

He may be the best Ebenezer Scrooge I have seen on TV or the Stage. ( he also was in a movie version of A Christmas Carol which was excellent as well )
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    I saw a version of A Christmas Carol off-broadway (I live within 15 minutes of New York City, so I get in rather often) I was a one man performance by Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard of Star Trek) where he played every character in the production. I was really taken back by it all, I didn't think I was going to be able to follow one man playing some many rolls but he was FANTASTIC.

He may be the best Ebenezer Scrooge I have seen on TV or the Stage. ( he also was in a movie version of A Christmas Carol which was excellent as well )
    Hello Fezziwig!! It will be one man show here, too... Ive never seen anything like that, so Im very curious to see Jeremy Irons performing Scrooge and all others. Ive read that hes gonna be the narrator too..

Now, I have to tell you that I love Patrick Stewart, hes an excellent actor and to be honest, an excellent narrator, too. I love Christmas Carol movie where hes performing Scrooge and Im also fond of his audio book Christmas Carol..
    Unfortunately, I have not seen him on stage, but I bet he must be great..

Wow, I'm not sure I would travel 8 hours to see a show. Have a great time and let us know how it went!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure I would travel 8 hours to see a show. Have a great time and let us know how it went!
    Done!!