Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas time in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Actually Kitty the had nights in it when I purchased it 10 years ago. When I first bought it I was able to tightly wrap 1100 lights into the core of the tree which I have been able to leave in the tree. I add another 1500 lights plus another 1100 twinkle lights which I remove
    every year.

When I change trees in 2 years I will buy a prelit one and are hoping to go the LED route like Tinkerbell has done for half of the lights .

KItty btw I love your tree it is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!
    It's smart to keep on as much as possible - doing thousands of lights takes a LOT of time! I think with all your lights, it would never compact because the wiring eventually becomes very bulky.

LED-type christmas lights have really come a long way. I bought a dozen boxes of them back in 2005 (C7-style, or what is called a strawberry bulb) and a problem I've had with LEDs is their lack of sparkle. They tend to "glow". This would only be a problem for those that love the sparkle that mini-lights give (me, for example). There are newer 5mm ones that are dome-shaped and claim to be multi-directional. I've seen these on trees and they look very nice. They have more sparkle than the C7 style.

5mm LED lights

Thanks for the compliment on my tree! I'll be shopping for more lights this year after Christmas. lol!

Kitty I have to say it again your tree is wonderful

The tree has been secured with fish line to the ceiling ( top left of pic the line is visable)
    This tree will take a direct hit from a 165 pound man and will remain standing) I give the
    tree a stress test every year before I start decorating)

The ornaments start to go on the tree !!!

Lots of disco balls LOL

Pay no attention to the freak My wife wanted to catch me in action

This tree is a daunting task to set up especially when you cannot make up your mind where to put certain types of ornaments

More to come

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I love big trees with many hundreds of lights on.. I love your tree friend, even if you have not put any ornaments yet. When you do, I think your tree will be just wonderful.
    Btw, how tall is it?

Sorry for taking so long to reply Olga. The tree is 8 feet tall.

Wow Mike! I already love your tree so much! Can't wait so see it finished!

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to reply Olga. The tree is 8 feet tall.
    Very nice work friend!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Nice tree there crazymike

cant wait for the next lot of pictures.

Thumbs up

Thanks so much for updating with your progress pics! This is very exciting, so far it looks FABULOUS. Really Really pretty lights and your ornaments are STUNNING

One day I really want to have an 8 Foot Tree --- But I'll have to make due with my 6 foot one for now.

Between Kitty's Tree and Mike's Tree, I'm honestly itching to start putting mine up (but not till after my b-day on the 23rd!!!) :D :D :D
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

It is about 95% done now. I have lots of pictures to post but I need to resize them. I just put the snow on the tree and my wife is mad that she was not around to take any pictures of me adding the snow. I was covered with snow and spent 30 minutes vacuuming up the mess LOL .

I still have more work to do on the tree. I wish that I could get a decent picture of the tree.

I will post more pictures in a few hours

The tree looks beautiful my man .. good job.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Thanks Fezzi