Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decoration Tips

Decoration Tips

It will never be Christmas without fascinating decorations. Whether it was in celebration of Winter Solstice, Saturnalia or the Feast of Horus, Always humans get used to make decorations as part of winter festivities.
    While these holidays were pagan in origin, the same theme of birth and rebirth resonates through them all; including Christmas.

Early Christian traditions have a great effect on the Christmas decorations we have nowadays. But there are others have pagan roots. While the decorations may have changed in appearance over time, at heart the purpose of those traditions remain.
    Decorating the home for Christmas is an important event to all, One would be waiting for this moment all the year. As soon as thanksgiving is gone, many will start just thinking about Christmas. Some even start hanging their decorations and putting up the Christmas tree the very next day!

"Plan ahead" is the greatest idea when it comes to Christmas decorations. Make up your mind whether you plan to use Christmas decorations both indoors and outdoors, where you'll put them and how many you'll need. You'll have to decide whether each room will have its own theme or if one theme will be the spirit of all rooms. You'll have to consider a lot of things when it comes to Christmas decoration. While some people love the spontaneous approach, others hate it. If you're one of the latter, make a detailed plan. This is especially true if you have a sophisticated theme in mind for your Christmas decorations.

Everyone has driven past lawns with the most beautifully laid out decorations. Do you think they just threw those decorations up? Probably not. They were probably working from a rough floor plan.

If, however, you're a creative decorator, do whatever your mind tells you. Does the stairway need some garland? Sure, why not! How about a mantle full of nutcracker dolls? Maybe some Christmas candles on that table would look great. When it comes to Christmas decorations, there is no right or wrong way to approach it. Christmas is a rich holiday full of many different traditions. Express it in the way you love to; use whatever you like with the amount you need.

Article by Emily Tyler , OrnamentsBox.com

thanks!

There has been a fully decorated tree up in my neighborhood for a week already!

planning ahead is always a good idea when it comes to xmas decorations. it makes them look less thrown together.
    good site to order from for the rocker in your family! http://www.rockworldeast.com

now if we could just explain that to my clients!

Quote Originally Posted by kylasdad View Post
    now if we could just explain that to my clients!
    i can explain to them

What is your business type ?

We do windows and mostly residential Christmas lights. I have a couple of commercial Christmas jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kylasdad View Post
    We do windows and mostly residential Christmas lights. I have a couple of commercial Christmas jobs.
    mmmmm

i can help you in one way , just put your Ads. for your website (if you have) on this one OrnamentsBox.com

it's for free..

Since I have an annual holiday party, I'm definitely planning the decorations (even in my small apt), food, drinks, etc. And I usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, so fun!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

My problem is that I forget what I already have and I do have plenty.