Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last Christmas item you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    we bought some more red/gold ornaments for the landing tree..
    Cool beans!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I have just bought a slim tree for my little hallway..

get to decorate it soon..

Going out to get a tree skirt later on (we have never used one before so thought it might be a good change )

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    I have just bought a slim tree for my little hallway..

get to decorate it soon..
    Yay! Another tree! You're younger than I am; I'm cutting back because of the work involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Home alone 2 View Post
    Going out to get a tree skirt later on (we have never used one before so thought it might be a good change )
    Choosing one can be lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Yay! Another tree! You're younger than I am; I'm cutting back because of the work involved.

I think its the inner child trying to get out...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post

(sigh) I'm at that point where I'm conflicted. Half of me is excited about things looking all pretty and Christmassy, and the other half is just dreading it all because it's SO much work. Not only putting it up but also taking it down. I put myself in a place where I will be griping about doing so much work on it, but at the same time, if I let myself off the hook and only put up some of my stuff, I will not be happy. but, I don't feel I can cut back yet anyway, because even though I have 3 older children who have long been on their own, and four grandsons, I still have two teens at home and the youngest will be 14 on Christmas. They do help, by the way, but I am too much a perfectionist.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    (sigh) I'm at that point where I'm conflicted. Half of me is excited about things looking all pretty and Christmassy, and the other half is just dreading it all because it's SO much work. Not only putting it up but also taking it down. I put myself in a place where I will be griping about doing so much work on it, but at the same time, if I let myself off the hook and only put up some of my stuff, I will not be happy. but, I don't feel I can cut back yet anyway, because even though I have 3 older children who have long been on their own, and four grandsons, I still have two teens at home and the youngest will be 14 on Christmas. They do help, by the way, but I am too much a perfectionist.
    All of our children are grown and we have eleven grandchildren, but only eight grandchildren around here. I'm also a perfectionist, and when people give me more decorations than I already have, I don't know what to do. I can't possibly display everything.

Can I?
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-18-2009 at 02:32 AM.

that would be hard to figure out. No, I don't suppose you can display them all, depending on what they are, if you like them, and how much room you have, and how much energy you have and do you actually WANT them displayed. lol, enough questions? oh, my youngest two, that are at home, are from my second marriage. of the first three, my 'baby' was 13 when the oldest of the second set was born and there are 21 years between my oldest and youngest. I can't honestly say I'm old, but not young, either. Usually, though, I think at my age, most kids are grown and gone. So, the thought of and actually putting up all the Christmas stuff is getting more tiring than it used to be.

HaHa Steph535 and Marshmallow World - we must be triplets! I too am a perfectionist! Sorry that I was one when the kids were young becaue now they don't want to help me with Christmas Decorations, or just about anything I might change on them! Now I could use the help as I am I'm getting older and have bad knees!