Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 508

Thread: What is the last Christmas item you bought?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,873

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    an mp3 Christmas album from amazon
    Any Christmas suggestions, Steph?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Well, as far as I can see from the photo of your tree, you do not need any other ornaments!!

    Nuh uh! I still have a whole 'nother tree to put up! That one is going to hold the family keepsake ornaments.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Any Christmas suggestions, Steph?
    well, sure. But I know that my taste in Christmas music is not like most people's. Most people like classic stuff and I do like a few of those, but not enough to buy. For instance, I like to hear some of the old standbys, like Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas', Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song', etc.. on the radio, because it means that it is the Christmas season and they are happy songs, etc... But, I did not grow up with this type of Christmas music in my home, so even though I like a few of them, I can tire of the classic music pretty quickly. So, if you want my advice as to what I would recommend, it may be different than what you are used to; I don't really know. As far as Christmas music, there are lots of albums I would like you to hear, such as::

    1.The Robert Shaw Chorale (any of their albums)
    2. Rita Ford's ' A Music Box Christmas'
    3. The Deller Consort, 'The Holly and the Ivy', and 'Hark Ye Shepherds'
    4. Chanticleer, (I have 'Sing We Christmas')
    5. Canadian Brass (I have 'Christmas with the Canadian Brass')
    6. Handel's ' Messiah'
    7. The Roger Wagner Chorale, "Joy to the World"
    8. Kim Robertson, "Celtic Christmas"
    9. Children's Chorus of Radio Prague, "Czech & Polish Songs of Christmas"
    10. The Choir of Trinity Church, "Candlelight Carols"
    11. King's Singers, (I have 'A Little Christmas Music')
    12. "Christmas with the Vienna Choir Boys and Hermann Prey"

    I know I am forgetting some of them and some of these are quite old. You can listen to 30 second samples of a lot of these on amazon. Olga, I hope you, and others, are able to hear some of the samples and that you enjoy what you hear. This is music that really makes me feel that Christmas spirit.
    Last edited by steph535; 11-11-2009 at 07:09 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,015
    I just bought my 2nd Xmas Gift from eBay today! I got this for my Best-Friend, since she is starting bakery school in january and just got a job at a local bakery two weeks ago!

    Baker Ornament!

    I'm really excited to give it to her! Yay for oddly specific Christmas Decorations!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,873

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    Nuh uh! I still have a whole 'nother tree to put up! That one is going to hold the family keepsake ornaments.
    Well, I know what you mean!! In my family we have that tradition, too.
    We have family wooden ornaments and we put them on the tree on 6th December..


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,873

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    well, sure. But I know that my taste in Christmas music is not like most people's. Most people like classic stuff and I do like a few of those, but not enough to buy. For instance, I like to hear some of the old standbys, like Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas', Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song', etc.. on the radio, because it means that it is the Christmas season and they are happy songs, etc... But, I did not grow up with this type of Christmas music in my home, so even though I like a few of them, I can tire of the classic music pretty quickly. So, if you want my advice as to what I would recommend, it may be different than what you are used to; I don't really know. As far as Christmas music, there are lots of albums I would like you to hear, such as::

    1.The Robert Shaw Chorale (any of their albums)
    2. Rita Ford's ' A Music Box Christmas'
    3. The Deller Consort, 'The Holly and the Ivy', and 'Hark Ye Shepherds'
    4. Chanticleer, (I have 'Sing We Christmas')
    5. Canadian Brass (I have 'Christmas with the Canadian Brass')
    6. Handel's ' Messiah'
    7. The Roger Wagner Chorale, "Joy to the World"
    8. Kim Robertson, "Celtic Christmas"
    9. Children's Chorus of Radio Prague, "Czech & Polish Songs of Christmas"
    10. The Choir of Trinity Church, "Candlelight Carols"
    11. King's Singers, (I have 'A Little Christmas Music')
    12. "Christmas with the Vienna Choir Boys and Hermann Prey"

    I know I am forgetting some of them and some of these are quite old. You can listen to 30 second samples of a lot of these on amazon. Olga, I hope you, and others, are able to hear some of the samples and that you enjoy what you hear. This is music that really makes me feel that Christmas spirit.
    Wow !!! Thank you very much, youve helped a lot.. Ill listen to samples on Amazon.
    Thanks again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

  7. #37
    I am buying a new tree for this year's Christmas. hehe
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Wow !!! Thank you very much, youve helped a lot.. Ill listen to samples on Amazon.
    Thanks again.
    you are quite welcome! Let me know what you think. One of my favorite songs on my Hermann Prey and Vienna Choir Boys album is also on youtube. Just look up the song, "Tochter Zion Hermann Prey." He sings it exactly the way he does on the record, although on youtube, it is not with the Vienna Choir Boys. Also, you can find a lot of music by the Roger Wagner Chorale on youtube, Christmas and otherwise. You can probably find most of the other ones I mentioned there, too.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,873

    :tree:

    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    you are quite welcome! Let me know what you think. One of my favorite songs on my Hermann Prey and Vienna Choir Boys album is also on youtube. Just look up the song, "Tochter Zion Hermann Prey." He sings it exactly the way he does on the record, although on youtube, it is not with the Vienna Choir Boys. Also, you can find a lot of music by the Roger Wagner Chorale on youtube, Christmas and otherwise. You can probably find most of the other ones I mentioned there, too.
    I listened to Tochter Zion Hermann Prey on youtube and loved it... Well, I have to say that you really feel Christmas with this music.. I also liked Roger Wagner Chorale.. this kind of music really gets you into Christmas spirit..

    Well, now, Im gonna listen to some others too..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

  10. #40
    edible cards for the dogs

Similar Threads

  1. What is the most unusual item you decorate each year?
    By HollyJolly in forum Christmas Decorations
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 12:57 AM
  2. bought a new christmas tree
    By jeremy m in forum Christmas Decorations
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 10:24 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 07:29 PM
  4. Bought My Christmas Cards
    By Merry Christmas Darling in forum Christmas Gifts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 10:13 PM
  5. need help locating an item
    By devoy26 in forum Christmas Decorations
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 08:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr