Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know why you're such a Christmas Freeak

Smile Do you know why you're such a Christmas Freeak

Even though my parent's were of different cultures where they didn't make a big deal about Christmas, they made my Christmas incredible. It was always a happy time even if things going on around us weren't always happy

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Even though my parent's were of different cultures where they didn't make a big deal about Christmas, they made my Christmas incredible. It was always a happy time even if things going on around us weren't always happy
    You are so lucky there!!!!

:gift:

I do not know how this passion of me for Christmas came from..
    I remember, when I was a little girl, my brother gave me ''Christmas Carol'' book as a Christmas gift.. And I think, that was really it.. :D

The funny thing is that all these years I've made my parents and my sister love even more Christmas!!! (except my brother...he is the Scrooge of the family... )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

For me, it was definitely celebrating it as a kid that stuck with me and made it such a festive occasion. The traditions are what it's about for me. Extended family always got together. Aside from that, it's also the atmosphere of the season, decorated storefronts and streets, and Christmas movies. Once a year, you get to add sparkle and glitter to your belongings and put a tree up, who wouldn't become a freak about Christmas?

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

thenaegles Guest
    I would never have considered myself a Christmas freak until a friend of mine asked me to manage some of her Christmas stores, and then being surrounded by all that giltter and sparkle and festivity and music, and then combine that with my natural propensity to throw myself wholeheartedly into things, it was only natural that I immersed myself into the holiday completely. And even though it's been about 5 years since I was working at the stores, the Christmas fixation has never fully left me! And then amen to the quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    Aside from that, it's also the atmosphere of the season, decorated storefronts and streets, and Christmas movies. Once a year, you get to add sparkle and glitter to your belongings and put a tree up, who wouldn't become a freak about Christmas?

growing up, our home life was somewhat chaotic, but at Christmas time, it was magical. My mother worked very hard to truly make it the best day of the year. I was transfixed by all the beautiful decorations and the gorgeous Christmas tree. And the same special ornaments and decorations went up every year and I loved the tradition. My mom always got fresh boughs when we bought our tree each year, to decorate with. And then, the music! And the thrill of buying some little gift for each of my family members. So, I attribute my love for Christmas to my mother, because , even though she couldn't afford to get us much, she transformed our home into something that , to me, was breathtakingly beautiful.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    growing up, our home life was somewhat chaotic, but at Christmas time, it was magical. My mother worked very hard to truly make it the best day of the year. I was transfixed by all the beautiful decorations and the gorgeous Christmas tree. And the same special ornaments and decorations went up every year and I loved the tradition. My mom always got fresh boughs when we bought our tree each year, to decorate with. And then, the music! And the thrill of buying some little gift for each of my family members. So, I attribute my love for Christmas to my mother, because , even though she couldn't afford to get us much, she transformed our home into something that , to me, was breathtakingly beautiful.
    Very cute, I think thats why mums are for... And thats why we love them so much..

I think I love christmas so much now is because my parents really didn't
    get into the christmas spirit, don't get me wrong they did the presents and
    really that is all..
    Thats why I think I go over-board now..

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    I think I love christmas so much now is because my parents really didn't
    get into the christmas spirit, don't get me wrong they did the presents and
    really that is all..
    Thats why I think I go over-board now..
    So they were mine, but I made them love Christmas (of course not as much as I do).. At least they seem to enjoy the season and Im really happy about it!!

I suspect I like that it's that moment of piece. I grew up in a very loving family, but also one in which everyone(including me) always has a loud mouth, has a lot of arguments and did a lot of things independantly from eachoter. During Christmas we had traditions which gave me a sense of union, of togetherness.

My dad will probably always be fast to cause/get into an argument, but during Christmas I always see how much he loves us and my mom. I love that his face lights up when I arrive at my parents home. I also love to spoil my mom, because she is just one of those people who does a lot of things for others and sometimes forgets herself. Last but not least I love to be around my brother and sister. I have a good bond with both and during Christmas I feel how much I love them even more and it's the time of year we are most like the children we once were. I think that the feeling of love and togetherness is the origin of my love for Christmas.