Thread: Okay to give an Advent Calendar as a Gift?

Okay to give an Advent Calendar as a Gift?

What do you think? Is it okay to give a family you care about a really unique Advent Calendar as their Christmas gift?

Even if it means they get their gift at the end of the November?

Any suggestions on advent calendars that are unique and exciting?

This can a be a nice idea, although getting a christmas gift in the end of November is little bit problematic I think ( well I would like alos a gift on the actual day )

What do they like to do? (the family that will receive the Advent Calendar)
    Last edited by Asidov; 10-22-2009 at 07:35 PM.

I think that could be a good idea, especially if you can find one that has some value to it! Check out "Growing Great Families dot com" I found this site through a friend. They have a fantastic calendar that is really a present for the whole family. I bought one for myself and several extras for our friends that have kids.

This would make a great gift to give out at Thanksgiving, especially if you're invited somewhere. Just in time for the official start of the holiday season!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

When we were kids, my Grandma and Granddad got us an Advent calendar, every year and brought them and gave them out on Thanksgiving Day. It was definitely something we looked forward to and a tradition I continued with my two younger brothers and Mom, after my Grandparents couldn't afford it any longer. The first Christmas that both Grandma and Granddad were gone, Dad got me a permanent Advent calendar that's in the shape of a Christmas tree and every door has a mini ornament behind it. I love it, especially since Dad put on the tag, 'Love, Grandma and Granddad'.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    When we were kids, my Grandma and Granddad got us an Advent calendar, every year and brought them and gave them out on Thanksgiving Day. It was definitely something we looked forward to and a tradition I continued with my two younger brothers and Mom, after my Grandparents couldn't afford it any longer. The first Christmas that both Grandma and Granddad were gone, Dad got me a permanent Advent calendar that's in the shape of a Christmas tree and every door has a mini ornament behind it. I love it, especially since Dad put on the tag, 'Love, Grandma and Granddad'.

That's a wonderful story, very sweet. Thank you for sharing, I love hearing about other people's traditions and family experience, this one really touched my heart.