Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is your favourite christmas decoration

Quote Originally Posted by Caninemom3 View Post
    I guess my favorite decoration is a Christmas ball that is made of plastic in WWII. It is a bit faded and has a design on one side of candles and on the other side it says "Merry X-Mas". My mother gave it to me a long time ago. It was on her tree during the Second World War and she gave it to me.
    The old faded ornaments are some of my favorites- all the memories they hold! All the Christmases they've looked down on!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Green garlands with big red bows all over the house!! Thats how I grew up and I really love that decoration..
    Me too! I love wreaths with big red bows. I love all of my decorations. It would be so hard to choose. I have several snowmen and santas that I love and a collection of Christmas houses. My favorite is a beautiful house lit up with Christmas lights. I decided to keep it out and not pack it away. I also love my Chritmas dishes. I could go on and on.....this is making me excited!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasCrazy View Post
    Me too! I love wreaths with big red bows. I love all of my decorations. It would be so hard to choose. I have several snowmen and santas that I love and a collection of Christmas houses. My favorite is a beautiful house lit up with Christmas lights. I decided to keep it out and not pack it away. I also love my Chritmas dishes. I could go on and on.....this is making me excited!
    I can imagine you right now!!!!

Well, I guess, Im a lot like you in my decoration...

Too much Christmas traditional, afraid (I guess) to make big changes to yor decoration and full of ornaments/toys/things, that take you back to your childhood.. And so much more..

Correct me if Im wrong...............
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

A tiny pinecone ornament painted light blue with silver sparkles.
    It's a bird with a small paper mache head and beak. It also has red sparkle eyes. It lost its wings and tail many years ago. My parents bought it for me when I was 6 back in 1962. It was my very first ornament! It always is hung in a very special place of honor on the tree for the last 47 years!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    A tiny pinecone ornament painted light blue with silver sparkles.
    It's a bird with a small paper mache head and beak. It also has red sparkle eyes. It lost its wings and tail many years ago. My parents bought it for me when I was 6 back in 1962. It was my very first ornament! It always is hung in a very special place of honor on the tree for the last 47 years!
    Aww...that's nice.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I think fairy lights are my fave decoration although they seem to be used all year round also.
    www.mystringdolls.com - String Doll Keyrings and Fun Voodoo Doll Keychains
    www.waxwonderful.com - unusual home decor candles and fairy lights

I found my photos. I wonder which one I was going to post. Today I can't think of a favorite because I love them all so much! Maybe the figures I put in the window are my favorite:

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

My favorite is an old light up church that also plays music

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I found my photos. I wonder which one I was going to post. Today I can't think of a favorite because I love them all so much! Maybe the figures I put in the window are my favorite:

I can almost imagine both, decorating my window... Really nice figures MW ;
    Why dont you create an album?? I would really love to see your Christmas decoration, my friend...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I can almost imagine both, decorating my window... Really nice figures MW ;
    Why dont you create an album?? I would really love to see your Christmas decoration, my friend...

I just tried to make an album, but I got a message: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. I don't know what that means!