Thread: Christmas in the Dorms

Christmas in the Dorms

Greetings everyone! So it's my first year in college and I'm planning to deck out the dorm with tons of lights, decorations, and maybe a little tree. For anyone who could give me insight, I want to make my dorm nice and festive before I leave for home for the holidays, any good ideas?

Sincerely,
    Nick(aka Bernard the head ELF)

Welcome Bernard!

Trees: Target, WalMart, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge, Joann Fabric and other crafty-like stores sell tiny trees. If you are going to set one on a dresser, get one that's about 18" to 24" tall. Many places also sell small-scaled ornaments to go with table-top trees! Hint: lights are really cheap at WalMart or Lowes. Less than $2 per box, last time I checked.

Can you get your mitts on a drill? Sink some holes near the ceiling and put in some cup hooks. Those can hold christmas lights intertwined with tinsel-ly garland. Let it swag a bit so count on 1.5x the length of your walls. You can hang some ornaments from the lights/garland too for extra vavoom! You'll need an extension cord if you don't run the lights right down to the outlet.

Spray snow on the windows. Great place to wrap lights too!

Get some christmassy scented plug-ins. Hm. You might want a wall-jack extender to increase your outlets.... Bath and Body Works always sells christmassy scented oils and they have plug-ins to heat them up and make the room scenty.

Find a cheap red or green tablecloth and use that as a dresser cover. I can usually find cheapo linens at Marshalls or TJMaxx. These also double as a tree skirt. Just wrap it around like Linus did for Charlie Brown's tree.

Switch out a lightbulb with a party color one like red.

Have FUN!!!

Excellent suggestions, Kittyskyfish!
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

cools suggestions! just have fun and enjoy your decorations!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

When my daughter went off the college the dorm was cinder block. They used the command hooks as they don't leave any marks.