Thread: How to Make Christmas Icicles

:gingerbread: How to Make Christmas Icicles

A couple of years ago I saw some large hanging christmas-icicles in Wal Mart for outdoor Christmas Decorations. I loved the Christmas-icicle but the price at $9.00 each was too much for me to handle, especially since I thought a large grouping was the only way to show these. So I set out to make my own and this is what I can up with.

MATERIAL LIST FOR Christmas-Icicles

Glue gun and Hot glue

Ring, I use 1, 1 1/2 and 2 inch PVC pipe cut in 1/2 wide slices

very thin fabric like lace or netting.

wire for hanger.

INSTRUCTIONS

Cut a long triangle the length you want your icicle with a top width to go around your ring. Sew or glue one side of the triangle to form a closed triangular tube.

Insert ring in the outside of the tube and bring cloth around top then slip stitch in place.

With about a 3 inch piece of wire; loop around opposite sides to form a loop to hang with.

Use a drapery clip or some other type of clip to weight the bottom while you are adding drip of glue.

Starting at the top glue the lapped fabric in place and then bring strips of glue from the top all the way down to the bottom all the way around. This form the first base. Let cool.

With the first layer has cooled, take the "weight" off the bottom and add more glue. Continue to add and cool until you have a thick enough layer that the icicle does not bend, this will take 4 to 5 layers.

Hang.

Video on How to Make Christmas Icicles on youtube if anyone is interested. These would be used for hallways, light fixtures, outdoor trees etc. Anyway go look if your interested.

Just wanted to add the link I found for a video: How To Make Christmas Icicles (YouTube)