Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Decorating Ideas?

Outdoor Decorating Ideas?

I am looking for a new idea this year. My house has a 48ft side porch w/o a roof and we always have a display. Last year we put blue rope lighing on the gutter (Icicles been there done that) In the center we have a table with a huge nativity scene and on the sides usually an airblown. The railings we decorate different each year. Last year we tried to create a swag which didn't come out correctly. Any ideas on how to decorate my porch or railing ideas? The railing is 4ft high by 48ft. I tried to post a photo but it says unable to move/copy I will try later

I like those new lights that look like different lenth snowflakes??? Or how about the light up candy canes with green garland and big red bows??

Is anyone able to upload photos on here? I would love to upload a picture of the porch to see if I can show you what we currently have. Thanks

I haven't been able to post lately the file requirements are so small.

Gail

Do a Sleigh filled with Presents on your porch

Gail

Talking Christmas Garland

I know what you are talking about when it comes to garland, it took me two years but I finally figured out how to make swags look good.

In your case on a porch roof for edging, might be a little tricky but....when I strung my garland I put two pieces of the cheap evergreen stuff together then wrapped lights loosely around it, not too loose. Then I put them up on somewhat equal swags. Then I went back with another piece of green garland and beefed up the middle, added more lights and decorative stuff. In your case, outside, it would have to be plastic ornaments or the lighted strings of ornaments and then maybe some tinsel garland.

I just put a video on youtube...How to create Christmas Garland-swags and there are quite a few pictures of my hallway on the web page. Take a look maybe you will get some ideas for the edges of your porch.

I can't find it on youtube. Hre is mine on Youtube a couple of years back search xxnonamexx Dancing Christmas lights

Quote Originally Posted by xxnonamexx View Post
    Is anyone able to upload photos on here? I would love to upload a picture of the porch to see if I can show you what we currently have. Thanks
    I have an account at photobucket.com. I put the pics on my PC there and they give me a url with [IMG]....[/IMG] and I just copy and paste it here. You can edit your pics at photobucket and make them smaller. I'm telling you it's easy and you can believe me because I'm not very smart. I hope that helps.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Here's one of my pics that I cropped and made smaller:

I'm having the same problem uploading pics. I've even made them small enough to meet the requirements needed to upload. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! aughhh! I have pics I want to share!

Lighting-So-Exciting
    http://www.lighting-so-exciting.com