Thread: Stockings

Stockings

Do you have special stockings or just the standard red and white ones? Do they have a theme.

DH and I are going to buy our first stocking for us and our new son. We're big Disney buffs, so we're considering each getting a Disney character. Each child we have will get a different character.

We have about 10 different stockings for each of us (wife and I) plus a few for our cat. We change them each year depending on our theme.
    http://XmasDVD.com - Watch Christmas clips, movies, commercials, cartoons and more, online all year long!

well, my parents grew up during the Depression, so frugalness stuck with my mom, especially, and so my siblings and I grew up having the same stockings every year. With my own children, (some are grown and gone), I have gotten just the red and white ones. they were always Christmassy to me, so I haven't had a reason to get something different, but one of these years I might.

We have a bunch of different stockings - some that match the home's decor, some that are traditional red and white and I have a great one with Snoopy on it! I'm pretty much tired of tree skirts and stockings that match decor and I want to go back to using traditional colors.

All of our stockings were made by my Grandmother. She stitched our name on the top and put patches of something that was significant to us...like a football, motorcycle, etc

:santa:

myself and my wife have 1 each they are red and white and have our names in gold . i think they are traditional and fit our tree and mantle piece garland beautifully.
    cant wait to break them out again.

My kids have had the same stockings since they were little. Whenever I want to change them they don't like it so I gave up. They are red and white but all different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
    My kids have had the same stockings since they were little. Whenever I want to change them they don't like it so I gave up. They are red and white but all different from each other.
    Im sure they'll never wanna change them.....

(I still have mine from my childhood...I never wanted to change it with another one, even if it was prettier or bigger..)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:santa:

I have one blue and white with a snowman on it and i have two that are red and green with beautiful christmas scenes on them and a red and white one wth a candycane on that one and each one of my pugs has their own.

I've always had the traditional red/white stocking. That's what I grew up with and what feels right for me. While I'm a HUGE Rudolph fan and such, I've never gotten one of the character stockings. Maybe some day.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!