Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you know why you're such a Christmas Freeak

I blame my family. LOL Mom, Dad, Grandma, Granddad, Grandma, Grandpa and all my extended family made it a huge and very exciting time.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

I think my love of Christmas comes from my parents. They were good, kind people who always made the house a happy place that sparkled and shone during the holidays. They didn't have much money but that didn't matter. The effort they made to have a happy family holiday rubbed off on me. My husband's family on the other hand was so tense that he still hasn't made the transition to elf even after 35 years with me!

When I was growing up, I remember many times having going out on Christmas Eve with one parent or the other to get a last minute Christmas tree and the mad rush to decorate it. It was always a big deal in a negative sort of way.

I always wanted my kids to have wonderful memories, and now my grandkids too. So my home is transformed at Christmas time (I mean Thanksgiving and usually before)
    ...my gift to them!

I honestly don't have a clue

Christmas has always been a magical time of year for me. When I was growing up Christmas was always the highlight of the year. My Father did all the decorating and everything had to be perfect. The pinecone doesnít fall very far from the tree because I think Iím even fussier then he was. It seemed like my Mother started baking after Halloween so the house smelled like fresh baked cookies nearly everyday. Family and friends were always stopping by. I only have wonderful memories of Christmases gone by. This time of year is always the time I miss my parents the most but, I am thankful for being raised by two wonderful people who embraced the idea that Christmas should be a time of loving and sharing and kindness towards all.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

My mother always got very hyped about it, especially the tree, but she also liked red tapers in star-shaped glass holders, and red paper bells hanging from the ceiling. We always had a real tree that went up shortly before Christmas. And she made sure we watched A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim if it was on TV.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:santa:

It was the time of year when everything became beautiful, everyone seemed to be so cordial and happy and I felt alot of love for Santa- that he would take the time to make gifts for me and to secretly leave them, every single year. I felt loved.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.