Thread: Do you buy gifts to and from others

:gift: Do you buy gifts to and from others

I usually buy my Mom's gifts to my kids and Husband, she can't do all the running around now.

:gift:

I always buy my dads gifts for my mam... He trusts me, because Im a girl, so every Christmas its just me and him, hitting all stores!!! :D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I do often. My reasons are that other family members don't have the time to shop, don't have the ability to find the present where they live or just because they know I love to shop my behind off.

My dad doesn't like to shop so I do the shopping for him. Then my brother and I tend to do in together on a gift for mom or dad and I tend to be the one to pick up the item.

yes, I do. My mother sends me a check for our Christmas presents and for my son's birthday, (which happens to be Christmas Day.) So, I get all those presents and then sometimes one of my older daughters sends a gift card for Christmas when she can, and I get my two youngest children's gifts from her, too.

Sometimes, I buy my dads present from my mother. I always buy him something very in and modern just as I would do with my boyfriends present!!

Of course dad never finds out that his present was my choice, so we are all happy....

I usually have to drag my dad to the mall so he can get a gift for my mom. He is a scrooge and doesn't like to shop and be bothered with crowded stores. This year, I might get him to shop online...I think he will actually like this. Not sure why I didn't think of this before. Oh yeah, it's because whenever I bring up Christmas before December, everyone looks at me funny. haha.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    IOh yeah, it's because whenever I bring up Christmas before December, everyone looks at me funny. haha.
    Can you imagine what people say when I bring up Christmas the first day of November??

I sometimes tell people about a gift idea I saw for someone I know they have to buy for. Since I'm usually getting something from the same place I'll just pick it up for them. Only when someone is very stressed out about not being able to find something for someone am I asked to go shopping for them.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.