Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sort of real Christmas Tree is the best?

What sort of real Christmas Tree is the best?

Which sort of Christmas tree is the best? We've had a Nordmann Fir for the last few years, but our experiences with them are mixed. Some years it lost very little needles, but 2 years ago we had such a bad one that we replaced it after a few weeks.

The first year we lived together(in another city then now) we had this amazing tree which did not loose any needles, unfortunately I have no idea what sort of tree it was.

What are your suggestions fregarding a nice, green, real, no(little) needledropping Christmas Tree?
    Last edited by Elvira1986; 09-21-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: grammar mistakes in orginal message

I cant help you there, cause we have artificial ones because a real tree the

branches dont go where i want them!

I don't know what variations of trees are available to you in the Netherlands, but here in the US, I have found that the Frasier fir, Douglas fir, and Balsam fir hold their needles well and are all beautiful trees. I have to say that my favorite of all of them is the Frasier. I was not familiar with the Nordmann, so after reading your post, I looked it up and my, they are beautiful!. I hope this helps.

Yes, down here I like the Frasier fir the best. The Douglas fir are nice but I find them not strong enough for some ornaments.

Thank you so much ladies. I looked on the internet and have found that Fraser firs are also grown in some Dutch horticultures. What I've read about it sounds very promosing.

You are very welcome. If you choose to get a Frasier fir for your Christmas tree this year, I know you will be very pleased.

Real Tree Guide

I've only picked out a real tree a couple of times, and we choose a White Pine - but I do have to say that the ones I think are most beautiful are the Blue Spruces (and are reportedly great for heavily decorating).

HERE IS A QUICK GUIDE to some of the most popular trees. (In North American, anyways).

yes, blue spruces are one of the best , as far as looks go. That was my father's favorite. They don't hold their needles very well, though, and if you choose a blue spruce, you'll want to wear gloves to put lights on, etc, because they are very picky/scratchy. I notice they didn't have a balsam fir among these pics.

Here is Another Guide which include a few more trees
    - I'm sure there are a million online - But in my opinion - Artificial is still best

I haven't had a real tree in years...hmmm.maybe I should break tradition this year. I just hate the clean up part.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...