Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Christmas Crafts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782

    Christmas Crafts

    I used to have better eyesight and did a lot of sewing. I made Christmas ornaments from wool felt and bought a kit to make a Christmas wall hanging. I enjoy looking at the scrapbooking sections of Michael's and Walmart. Anyway, I bought a hole punch that makes tiny holes. I think you could use that for making gift tags from old Christmas cards. Just put some thin string through the hole and and tie or tape it to the package. I've never done any scrapbooking, but I'd love to find a magazine about it.

    Here are some crafts I made years ago:





    "Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Kaunas
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I used to have better eyesight and did a lot of sewing. I made Christmas ornaments from wool felt and bought a kit to make a Christmas wall hanging. I enjoy looking at the scrapbooking sections of Michael's and Walmart. Anyway, I bought a hole punch that makes tiny holes. I think you could use that for making gift tags from old Christmas cards. Just put some thin string through the hole and and tie or tape it to the package. I've never done any scrapbooking, but I'd love to find a magazine about it.

    Here are some crafts I made years ago:




    So beautiful! I love your works! You are absolutely talented! I wish I could do some crafts, would be much more fun than buying them at the shop

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by EllfGirl View Post
    So beautiful! I love your works! You are absolutely talented! I wish I could do some crafts, would be much more fun than buying them at the shop
    It's fun, but that wall hanging took a l-o-n-g time to complete. Every sequin is sewn on individually.

    "Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Kaunas
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    It's fun, but that wall hanging took a l-o-n-g time to complete. Every sequin is sewn on individually.
    But I think it was really worth all the time you spent on it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    178
    How beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job!! I really, really love your use of PINK. It accents the green and red nicely!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I used to have better eyesight and did a lot of sewing. I made Christmas ornaments from wool felt and bought a kit to make a Christmas wall hanging. I enjoy looking at the scrapbooking sections of Michael's and Walmart. Anyway, I bought a hole punch that makes tiny holes. I think you could use that for making gift tags from old Christmas cards. Just put some thin string through the hole and and tie or tape it to the package. I've never done any scrapbooking, but I'd love to find a magazine about it.

    Here are some crafts I made years ago:




    you have an amazing gift there!!!!! they are beautiful......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    How beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job!!


    Thank you very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    I really, really love your use of PINK. It accents the green and red nicely!
    I think that was a Bucilla kit; they chose the pink. I can't take credit for that, but I like the colors they chose.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by EllfGirl View Post
    But I think it was really worth all the time you spent on it
    Yes, I'm glad that I spent the time.

    "Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,761

    :gift:

    Well, Im sure, that it would take me centuries to do this...

    Great job, there!!

    (by the way, how much time did you spend on this?)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    37
    Very lovely!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr