Thread: Do you still?

Unhappy Do you still?

Do you still have Christmas Concerts in your school? Do you have the Nativity play? We have a mix of celebrations, but they don't do the Nativity play anymore. I was in the Nativity play in public school and I looked forward to it every year. My kids have never had that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Do you still have Christmas Concerts in your school? Do you have the Nativity play? We have a mix of celebrations, but they don't do the Nativity play anymore. I was in the Nativity play in public school and I looked forward to it every year. My kids have never had that opportunity.
    i think the little schools still do, but as you say they have been taken over by other
    celebrations..i used to make the little angel costumes for my kids when they were
    little...its a total shame!

Our country(USA) is being taken over by non-Christianity, I guess. Have either of you seen the movie Pennies From Heaven? I really liked that!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:tree:

We never had...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Our country(USA) is being taken over by non-Christianity, I guess. Have either of you seen the movie Pennies From Heaven? I really liked that!

I've never seen it. Is it a Christmas movie?

Yea your seeing this less and less as time goes by.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

I've never seen it. Is it a Christmas movie?

WRONG TITLE! It was Penny Serenade (1941) with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.

It's not really a Christmas movie per se. But the six-year-old girl wants to be in the Christmas play. And it's very touching.