Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traditional vs On-line Shopping

Question Traditional vs On-line Shopping

I keep hearing that alot of people do their Christmas shopping on-line. I wondered, is it better than just going out and shopping? Isn't it more expensive because of shipping? If it is less costly or the same to shop on-line, I'd much rather do that.`

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I keep hearing that alot of people do their Christmas shopping on-line. I wondered, is it better than just going out and shopping? Isn't it more expensive because of shipping? If it is less costly or the same to shop on-line, I'd much rather do that.`
    well i prefer on-line ....i have just bought some embroidery bit for my advent calendar

from u.s and it only cost a couple of dollars postage!!

couldnt get them from here funnily enough!!!

but i do, do a bit traditional very last minute....

I'm a mix of both, as well. Some things that I research ahead will be picked up online because many places offer free shipping. Plus, I can avoid sales tax. I almost always pick up electronics online.

But I do enjoy traditional brick and mortar shopping because it's nice to see things up close. That, and it gives me a chance to experience all the store holiday decorations.

I do both. I buy online if I get free shipping or a really good price. I mostly buy from Amazon or some places that sell CD's and electronics. I also go through Ebates to purchase at some stores so I get a percentage off depending on the store.

What I like about shopping online is that I don't have to go to several different stores to find an item. But I also mail-order from catalogs and enjoy shopping in stores. I think I spend more money in stores because I see a lot of things that I would not have looked for online. I find that prices in stores are higher which brings it up to the online price plus shipping. It all seems to come out the same.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:tree:

Im afraid Im traditional with Christmas...
    I enjoy spending hours in the stores, looking for things I wanna buy!!

When November comes, I like going everywhere for shopping!!! I feel like a small kid with holidays and I wanna go everywhere, just to buy a simple thing... I love Christnas atmosphere in the stores and I wanna be there!!!!

(In other words, Im shopping on line too, but not during Christmas.)
    Last edited by olga; 09-12-2009 at 04:29 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I feel the same way as you do, olga. I love shopping when the streets and stores are decorated. I can spend hours just walking around town, looking for the perfect gifts for my loved ones

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl View Post
    I feel the same way as you do, olga. I love shopping when the streets and stores are decorated. I can spend hours just walking around town, looking for the perfect gifts for my loved ones
    You are my best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Im afraid Im traditional with Christmas...
    I enjoy spending hours in the stores, looking for things I wanna buy!!

When November comes, I like going everywhere for shopping!!! I feel like a small kid with holidays and I wanna go everywhere, just to buy a simple thing... I love Christnas atmosphere in the stores and I wanna be there!!!!

(In other words, Im shopping on line too, but not during Christmas.)
    I'm like this too!! I love to get up really early and hit the stores when they first open, before the crowds set in, and listen to the music and see the sights as I shop. By the time it's noon, I'm ready to eat and relax.

One large shopping center nearby hosts children's choirs during the season. On weekends, it's also possible to see ballet excerpts from The Nutcracker or listen to a performance of Christmas music by a 20-piece wind ensemble.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    I'm like this too!! I love to get up really early and hit the stores when they first open, before the crowds set in, and listen to the music and see the sights as I shop. By the time it's noon, I'm ready to eat and relax.
    You are so right... I feel exactly like that...