Thread: Did you ever get a pet under the tree for Chrismas?

:tree: Did you ever get a pet under the tree for Chrismas?

I always hoped I would find a puppy under my tree. It never happened. I did get a puppy one year but noowhere near Christmas.

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I always hoped I would find a puppy under my tree. It never happened. I did get a puppy one year but noowhere near Christmas.
    Nope! I never found a puppy under my tree, because I was lucky to have one that was also sleeping inside the Manger, chewing on Jesus and 3 Kings!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Nope! I never found a puppy under my tree, because I was lucky to have one that was also sleeping inside the Manger, chewing on Jesus and 3 Kings!!!!

LOL, that sounds so funny and cute.

No pets for me under the tree. Always wanted to find one tho

Quote Originally Posted by Shanniclause View Post
    No pets for me under the tree. Always wanted to find one tho
    My sister found my dog on the streets, fighting for his life, he was injured... She took him immediately, brought him home and he became the 7th member of our family!!!

Im considering of getting a new one... Its been two years since he died.

I never got one for Christmas, but then I'd never expect that either.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

If you have the pleasure to share your flat with a pet, most of you will know that our small friend needs a lot of care...

You know, its not easy for a family to change all her life, because thats gonna happen, when a puppy wagging its tail cheerfully, comes to our life...

Pets need our extra care and love and we should never “forget” to walk our four-legged friend, daily, during winter, fearing cold weather, rain or mud, twice a day... (who is gonna do that????). What will happen when the dog gets sick???
    I think we always have to bear these things in mind!!!

When I was a kid I decided I wanted to have a doggy and I remember fighting with my family for weeks, because I had to persuade them that I would take good care of him...

And when the puppy came home, honestly, I had difficult times but I have to say that my parents helped me a lot.
    After his 2 first years, calmness came back to our house...
    Exactly the same thing happened when our second puppy came to our home!! (the one sleeping inside the Manger, chewing on Jesus and 3 Kings..)

So, before you make a ''puppy present'' to a member of your family, it would be nice if you all had a serious discussion about it!!

Last edited by olga; 09-07-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Smile

That's definitely true Olga. I had a puppy when I was young but my parents did most of the work so I forgot how much work it was when I got a puppy as an adult. Wow, my poor carpets. I'm happy to say that puppy is nine years old now and a very good boy and major part of our family!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    That's definitely true Olga. I had a puppy when I was young but my parents did most of the work so I forgot how much work it was when I got a puppy as an adult. Wow, my poor carpets. I'm happy to say that puppy is nine years old now and a very good boy and major part of our family!
    I know what you mean!! Thats what I did too, with our first dog..
    Thats why we should always see a puppy as a huge responsibility and not as a toy or a present under our tree!!