Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Tree

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by skolapper View Post
    We always have a real tree at Christmas.....still have to go get one for this year. Lots of trees for sale in Brandon. I can get a good tree for around 30. We have more decorations than we need...inherited lots over the past couple of years.
    Hey, sorry for the delay!!!

!!!!

Its so great we have become such a big family!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Hey, sorry for the delay!!!

!!!!

Its so great we have become such a big family!!!
    Yeah, I just noticed! Welcome skolapper!! I'm a newbie too and having a great time here! At risk of creating a double entendre, the more...the merrier!

Olga - Robert's was so nice to visit when I had bad days. Coming home from a hard day at work, I'd detour north a bit to the store. Standing in the christmas tree room never failed to cheer me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    Olga - Robert's was so nice to visit when I had bad days. Coming home from a hard day at work, I'd detour north a bit to the store. Standing in the christmas tree room never failed to cheer me up!
    Ok!! Youre so lucky that you have Christmas stores open all year...

I do not!!! I do not!!! I do not!!!

(where exactly do you live?)

Thanks for the links KSF. I do need to go visit that store, but I really don't need more decorations but some how they seem to follow me home.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Ok!! Youre so lucky that you have Christmas stores open all year...

I do not!!! I do not!!! I do not!!!

(where exactly do you live?)
    I used to live in Florida but four years ago DH and I moved to the Dallas area of Texas. We have a year-round Christmas shop here too, amazingly. lol! Not as big as Robert's but few Christmas stores can be that big.

Over here, Christmas stores are found around tourist traps. Have you heard of any in Greece? Or maybe it's an American thing. Hmmm!

~~~~~

Donna - always travel with a rational companion. They can wrestle you away from impulse purchases if you can't resist!

We have a gorgeous Christmas store in a small town near our home - which we visit every year to pick out our ornaments.

Because I am allergic to all coniferous trees we never have a real one, so to make up for the hunt to find the perfect tree each year, we make a special trip out to this christmas store to pick out the perfect ornament - each person gets to pick one out.

I found my tree a couple of years ago. There was this amazing door crasher sale at Linenes and Things and they had a 7 foot artificle tree, pre-light with remote controled lights (that's right - remote controled). It was on for $115 for one day only. I was broke - it was 2 days before pay day and I had no cash. I called my dad and told him about it. He lent me the money and brought me out in his truck to pick it up. While he was there he bought one for himself and his best friend (after a quick call to tell him abut it). Now we all have this awesome tree, and we got it for such a great price.

Just keep an eye on the flyers and have some cash ready to jump on the early season tree sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
    I used to live in Florida but four years ago DH and I moved to the Dallas area of Texas. We have a year-round Christmas shop here too, amazingly. lol! Not as big as Robert's but few Christmas stores can be that big.

Over here, Christmas stores are found around tourist traps. Have you heard of any in Greece? Or maybe it's an American thing. Hmmm!
    Bah!! Humbug!! There is nothing like this in Greece...

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Mom View Post
    We have a gorgeous Christmas store in a small town near our home - which we visit every year to pick out our ornaments.

Because I am allergic to all coniferous trees we never have a real one, so to make up for the hunt to find the perfect tree each year, we make a special trip out to this christmas store to pick out the perfect ornament - each person gets to pick one out.

I found my tree a couple of years ago. There was this amazing door crasher sale at Linenes and Things and they had a 7 foot artificle tree, pre-light with remote controled lights (that's right - remote controled). It was on for $115 for one day only. I was broke - it was 2 days before pay day and I had no cash. I called my dad and told him about it. He lent me the money and brought me out in his truck to pick it up. While he was there he bought one for himself and his best friend (after a quick call to tell him abut it). Now we all have this awesome tree, and we got it for such a great price.

Just keep an eye on the flyers and have some cash ready to jump on the early season tree sales.
    You are absolutely right!

Now, Im waiting next month for early season tree sales, so that I can buy ny new artificial tree. The guy who owns the store, makes some Christmas offers before Christmas season and tress are some of them.

Just cant wait....

try here

Quote Originally Posted by dees473 View Post
    I am looking for a good Christmas tree that will last for years to come. Anyone know where I can find one at a decent price?

i've just bought mine from this place http://www.christmas-tree-company.co...tmas-tree.html

Not seen it in person as only just ordered however it was a decent price once the 10% discount was taken off, free delivery to boot.
    Merry Christmas!