Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you open your gifts in any special order?

Smile Do you open your gifts in any special order?

We open our gifts one person, one gift at a time.

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    We open our gifts one person, one gift at a time.
    We always start from the parents, because they act like kids and they just can not wait...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

When I was younger, my mom tried to set it up where we would work our way up to our "big" gift.

Think I may save the best for last for my kid as well!

Usally the person that passing the gifts out will give each person one gift then its time to dig in.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

My parents always ask every year, why they dont have any other presents...

I think this happens because they are the first who get their presents!!

We have always opened one at a time, trying to spread out the event and focus on each gift.

When we were kids, we would just attach the tree and open gifts in a frenzy - as there are four of us, it was like a mad house, with my poor parents trying to stand clear of this mayhem. It would all be over so fast, we would barely have time to register which gifts belonged to who or who they were from. And then the Christmas melt downs would start.

Now that I have my own family, we really take our time opening each gift and appreciating what it is we got, whether it's a DS game from Santa or a sweater from the dog (yes we give gifts on behalf of the dog). We make an entre morning out of it and find it's much more relaxing then the mayhem of my childhood. And we do try to save the "big" gifts for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Mom View Post
    We have always opened one at a time, trying to spread out the event and focus on each gift.

When we were kids, we would just attach the tree and open gifts in a frenzy - as there are four of us, it was like a mad house, with my poor parents trying to stand clear of this mayhem. It would all be over so fast, we would barely have time to register which gifts belonged to who or who they were from. And then the Christmas melt downs would start.

Now that I have my own family, we really take our time opening each gift and appreciating what it is we got, whether it's a DS game from Santa or a sweater from the dog (yes we give gifts on behalf of the dog). We make an entre morning out of it and find it's much more relaxing then the mayhem of my childhood. And we do try to save the "big" gifts for last.

I think alot of people had similar expereinces as well. Of when kids run down the staris they attack that tree and then after about a few minutes its now what do we do..

Also Me and my EX use to give presents from are cat so i dont think its wierd with your dog.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

Smile

I like spreading the gift opening out. It is a bit of a letdown after they're all opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I like spreading the gift opening out. It is a bit of a letdown after they're all opened.
    Oh!! Say that again!! Its so weird when suddenly the tree has no gifts under...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Oh!! Say that again!! Its so weird when suddenly the tree has no gifts under...

I know!