Thread: Ice

Ice

Sorry if this is the wrong area for this post, however i felt it falls under decorations at least.

I was looking at this years theme for ICE at Gaylord Hotels will be celebrating Charlie Brown Christmas. So I already told the wife we have to go since who cant past a chance to see your favorite cartoons characters in ice.

ICE!™ presented by Coca-Cola
    November 20, 2009 – January 2, 2010
    Gaslight Theater in the Opry Plaza

New in 2009 is ICE! featuring A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Schulz. Come along as Charlie Brown rediscovers the true meaning of Christmas through interactive ice sculptures and displays of this beloved children’s classic. Experience the Peanuts gang in favorite scenes such as the rehearsal hall practice, Snoopy’s decorated house and Charlie Brown selecting the perfect Christmas tree. All hand-carved from 2 million pounds of ice. ICE! at Gaylord Opryland is presented by Coca-Cola®.

WOW and you can Eat with Ole Charlie Brown as well..

Breakfast with Charlie Brown
    Ristorante Volare's patio

Enjoy a breakfast buffet featuring Peanuts-themed items and a visit from Charlie and friends!
    Purchase your tickets online, or call 1-877-OPRY-100 (1-877-677-9100).

Charlie Brown VIP Experience

Buy an upgraded ICE VIP ticket and you'll get direct access to the ICE! exhibit with no waiting in line and a piping hot cup of delicious hot chocolate as you leave. You'll also have the chance to meet Charlie Brown in person. Be sure to bring your camera!
    Last edited by ikey2; 08-12-2009 at 02:47 PM.

I wonder if the Gaylord in Grapevine, TX will be doing it also we went in '06. It was awesome. Thanks I will check it out.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by gandr1212 View Post
    I wonder if the Gaylord in Grapevine, TX will be doing it also we went in '06. It was awesome. Thanks I will check it out.

Gail

Looks like you have Grinch this year..

Gaylord Texan Tells the Timeless Tale of “How The Grinch Stole Christmas!” in ICE

~ Create magical holiday memories at Gaylord Texan’s annual ICE! attraction showcasing a life-size Who-ville carved from TWO MILLION POUNDS ice ~

GRAPEVINE, Texas (July 21, 2009) - In celebration of its fifth year hosting the awe-inspiring ICE! attraction, Gaylord Texan brings to life a brand new show featuring the 1957 Dr. Seuss holiday classic -“How The Grinch Stole Christmas!” In a series of colorful scenes straight out of the original storybook pages, Gaylord Texan’s ICE! attraction will brilliantly showcase how the “Whoville-hating” Grinch with a heart two sizes too small learns the true meaning of Christmas.

In mid-October, 40 master artisans will travel to Gaylord Texan’s location in Grapevine, Texas from Harbin, China – otherwise know as the world’s “ice city” for its spectacular outdoor ice sculpture displays. Transforming 5,000 blocks of ice weighing TWO MILLION POUNDS into the city of Who-ville will take the carvers approximately 30 days. From the Grinch’s frozen mountaintop lair and 20-foot high slides to a variety of family photo opportunities and the picturesque Who-ville including feasting Who’s and Max the dog, the enchanting attraction will make more hearts than just the Grinch’s grow three times in size.

“This classic Christmas story is loved by the generations and makes a perfect addition to the magical winter wonderland we create each holiday season,” said John Imaizumi, Gaylord Texan’s Senior Vice President and General Manager. “And our Grapevine destination, recently named the official Christmas capital of Texas, could not be a better home for Who-ville.”

Gaylord Texan’s famed ICE! attraction featuring “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” will open Thursday, November 12th, 2009 and run through Sunday, January 3rd, 2010. The exhibit will be open 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. on Sunday - Thursday and 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

On Monday - Thursday, ticket prices will be $20 for adults, $10 for children 4 - 12, $18 for seniors 55 and up, and free for children 3 and under. On Friday - Sunday, tickets prices will be $23 for adults, $12 for children 4 - 12, $20 for seniors 55 and up, and complimentary for children 3 and under. Complimentary self-parking is included in the ticket price.

Lone Star Christmas at Gaylord Texan
    The ICE! attraction is just one of many activities taking place this holiday season during Gaylord Texan’s annual Lone Star Christmas event. Visitors to the resort will also enjoy breathtaking holiday décor including 1.5 million holiday lights and 30 seven-foot tall ornaments strung from the top of its glass roof; a 50-foot tall rotating Christmas tree; multiple miniature train sets; 14-foot tall decorated cowboys boots; a life-size gingerbread house; Santa’s workshop including a cookie conveyor belt and control station; and dozens of lavish holiday displays including 2,300 feet of garland, 5,600 wreaths, and 10,000 ornaments.

A variety of amusing holiday entertainers will also be present and include Santa Claus & Mrs. Claus, toy soldier stilt walkers, singing cowboys, balloon artists, and more.

Lone Star Christmas Room Package
    Visitors can enjoy all of Gaylord Texan’s holiday offerings with the special Lone Star Christmas room package. Beginning at $179 per night, the package includes luxury room accommodations, breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children in Riverwalk Café, self-parking, and the resort fee. Those who purchase a Lone Star Christmas room package before September 7, 2009, will receive discounted rates beginning at just $159 per night. Rates are subject to change and availability. Reservations can be made by calling Gaylord Texan Reservations at (817) 778-2000 or by visiting www.gaylordtexan.com.

***FUN FACT***
    ICE! featuring the Grinch is not the only one “going green” this year!
    As part of Gaylord Texan’s continued commitment to energy conservation,
    over 80% of the Lone Star Christmas holiday lights are now LED.

For more information on Gaylord Texan’s holiday events and activities, please call (817) 778-1000 or visit www.gaylordtexan.com. As always, local day visitors who spend $25 or more in Gaylord Texan’s award-winning restaurants, unique retail shops, or European-inspired Relâche Spa will receive complimentary validated self-parking.
    Last edited by ikey2; 08-12-2009 at 02:42 PM.

I would really like to see the Peanuts, I am a huge Peanuts fan (well really Snoopy but still!) Unfortuntely I don't live near any Gaylord Hotels but maybe someday.

Very cool. I don't believe we have any similar ice attractions up here, unfortunately.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.