Thread: Volunteer Work for Christmas?

Hybrid View

Volunteer Work for Christmas?

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the boards here, some of you may or may not have met me but my name is Gilbert and I'm from AZ

I just had a quick question for everyone, I am really interested in doing some volunteer work for Christmas this year, but I dont know where my efforts would be most appreciated. Has anyone done any volunteer work? If so I would love to hear about your experience! I am also open to ideas, because so far I can only think of lending a hand to the local church. Thanks everyone :D

PS I think this may be the 1,000th thread, congrats on building an awesome board

When I was in high school I had to do community service/volunteer work to graduate (it was a requirment for everyone). Anyway I chose Meals on Wheels. I did it for 3 years and I really enjoyed it. It's very easy you get the meals and you just go to the door to deliver them. And at least where I live they are always needing help. Other options include helping the Food Bank, Donating to Toys for Tots, and at the mall there is a tree where you buy something at the mall for a child and it goes to them. I don't know if every mall does this though. Check the newspaper when the time comes I'm sure a lot of things would be listed.

Thanks for the input Gummgirl. I already participate in the Toys for tots, and I try to donate as much food as I can to the food bank. I think the mall program is called the Christmas Angel? It may be called something different, but I also do that yearly :D I like the Meals on Wheels idea alot, and I supposed rather than just donating food I can also donate time in the warehouse. Thanks gummgirl :-)

You're Welcome! :D