Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep from losing decorations & gifts between seasons?

We have 3 storage spaces an outside storage and 2 closets. The gifts are put inside in the closets and the tree and ornaments are inside. They are all in plastic tubs (from Target) and with tape and a marker whatever is inside is written on the outside. If you mean keeping track of presents I get a notebook and on each page write the person's name and gifts follow. Then I either keep the notebook or it's placed in a tub.

:tree:

Somehow I manage to squeeze all my decorations onto one shelf in my little closet. I have a lot of decorations because I usually throw a holiday party. As for gifts, I usually start shopping in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    I am very organized with my Christmas decorations. They are all boxed according to colour. I am not as organized with hiding my Christmas gifts. I have children who are into everything. I hide them in my walk in closet, the basement, all over.
    Yeah, that would be hard, if people are looking. Can you put them in a box on a high shelf?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Do you wrap your gifts and then put them away?
    Nope, just collect them. I've had people buy themselves what I've bought them, so it would be a real hassle to try and figure out which wrapped gift was no good anymore! Plus, I've made last minute switches where a Christmas present became a birthday present.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Nope, just collect them. I've had people buy themselves what I've bought them, so it would be a real hassle to try and figure out which wrapped gift was no good anymore! Plus, I've made last minute switches where a Christmas present became a birthday present.

Hmm, you've got a point. My kid's and Husband's birthday's are Sept., Oct., Nov. and Dec. Do you beleive it?! Also, I think I'm going to start hiding gifts in a storage area we've just clean out.

You should try some Christmas Storage Bags. They work really well and you can tell them apart from everything else, so you will not lose them

The best way to do it is to get some decoration or ornament storage bags. The bags are specifically marked and easy to use

I have so many decorations that last year I couldn't find my large Holy Family for the bay window! I do attempt to be organized though. I keep my Hungarian ornaments in a bedroom closet.

Last April I couldn't find my granddaughter's birthday gift and I still haven't found it!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:gingerbread:

I ve 10 big boxes where I put all ornaments and lights inside, after having wrapped them with newspapers, so that they will not break. I always write outside whats in the box and that always helps.. The tree usually goes to the guest room in its box.

I also take photos, so that next year I can remeber all my decoration, in every corner in the house..
    Finally, since I was a kid, I always keep 50 lights and the ornament I love most, in my bedroom...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:tree: Storing gifts and decor off-season

Since I am often way too lazy to climb into the attic (or it is too hot up there) I have devoted under my bed and in my closet to storing Christmas decor. Sad, I know