Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

:gingerbread:

At least, it becomes an iceskatingvenue. It must be wonderful..

In Greece (Thessaloniki), we decorate our Christmas tree in the middle of our square, the first days of December.
    No wooden houses, no christmas markets, no iceskating..Just perfect!!....

Tell me, Elvira, what is your weather like in your city, during Holidays?

Rainy haha. If we have luck it is a cold winter. I love those most. The really cold days when there is ice on the rivers and it is very clear outside. I especially love to go ice skating(unfortunately some years the ice is not thick enough) in the area where my parents live(about an hour away from here.) Their town is surrounded by nature and agricultural land with lots of little ditches. Afterwards we go home drink hot chocolate and anise milk. Those are fantastic days.

I do love a nice big christmas three. I think a tree in town is wonderful! Is it big?

:gingerbread:

Well, I love cold winters, I wish we had in our country too.. How could you feel Christmas Holidays without a cold weather??

The tree in our city is 22 meters, with 90.000 lights on it. We also have a Christmas boat (an old Greek custom) decorated with small, colorful lamps and a few, simple ornaments. I

Do you decorate a tree, somewhere in your city? Where can anybody find a Christmas Market?

Elvira, your city is beautiful. I am from Ontario, Canada.

welcome CHristmas Please! Hope you enjoy your stay!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Elvira, your city is beautiful. I am from Ontario, Canada.
    Thank you.

I am considering signing up for a semester abroad in Canada, beginning of 2011. I might like to go to McGill. What kind of city is Ontario?

Ontario is beautiful. Very clean and generally nice weather. Our summers can be kind of hot but not this year. When we're lucky we get snow for Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

I'm originally from Germany but grew up in Brooklyn, NY where I currently still reside.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    I'm originally from Germany but grew up in Brooklyn, NY where I currently still reside.
    I love German Christmas Markets...
    In Greece, we dont have any markets during Holidays..

German Christmas Markets are the best! I hope to go to the one in Dusseldorf this winter. It's only a 90-minute drive.