Thread: Medieval sounding Christmas albums?

Question Medieval sounding Christmas albums?

There is a web site called PDA Tuner and they have a few online Christmas stations. One of the Christmas stations plays instrumental songs that have a medieval sound to them, i.e. flutes, mandolins, etc. I would like to find some Christmas albums like that. Can anyone recommend me some? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by GAMESHARQ View Post
    There is a web site called PDA Tuner and they have a few online Christmas stations. One of the Christmas stations plays instrumental songs that have a medieval sound to them, i.e. flutes, mandolins, etc. I would like to find some Christmas albums like that. Can anyone recommend me some? Thanks in advance!
    to the forums!

That site sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out later...And if I see any albums like that I'll let you know.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

That sounds cool... I'm afraid I haven't heard of any albums like that, though.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I will have to check out that site thanks for sharing it with us!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Check out this album. I have it on cassette and it is one of my all-time favorite instrumental Christmas albums. It's not necessarily medieval, but it's not too jazzy or anything either.

I know you posted this thread a while ago, but I just thought I'd take the chance that you still might be watching this thread. Here's the link to the album on Amazon.com. You can listen to samples of each track!

http://www.amazon.com/Peaceful-Chris...1248037&sr=8-4

Maybe you could check out the album Winter Carols by Blackmore's Night. They are a renaissance-inspired folk rock band, so they definitely sound a bit medival. It's not instrumental, but the lead singer has a very pretty voice

You can find some of the songs on Youtube if you want to hear it. Here's a link to one of the songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBjZEX4OnR0

:santa:

i know its not a medieval album but for something different you guys shud try an album called Smokey moutain christmas . it is cool . all the tracks are instrumental and played on a combination of banjo,guitar ,violin and piano. it is hillbillytastic.
    seriously its worth a listen.