Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and Prayers

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Freak1993 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new, obviously, but i was hoping you could offer your thoughts on my most recent dilemma. Christmas is my life, and i love every aspect of it... except recently i have been having doubt about whether the whole jesus thing really happened, and wondering if god is real... normally i don't have any thoughts that are for or against god, but with all the recent drama over innocent movies that some religious people refuse to watch since it's 'against' god, i find it hard to put faith into someone who is so widely unknown to people. i'm just really confused, and i'd like to think i'm not so shallow as to enjoy christmas only for the gifts and atmosphere... so if you could offer your thoughts, or if you have any ideas, it would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I don't believe that Christms would be CHristmas without CHrist. God is an infinite power. He resides without our hearts ad souls. It just is. Faith is believing in someone or something that can not be seen. so don't doubt your faith. there are always people out there who will cause you to doubt your faith but it is up to you to feel ad observe Christ in your own way. As for Christmas movies and music they are great entertainment. so enjoy them and don't let others take the enjoyment away from you!
    Well said Bobbi! :D

Christmas_Freak, as Bobbi said you have to make the decision to trust and believe in the Lord despite what others may say at times. I'm not sure if you are speaking of Christmas movies or something like Angels and Demons which just came out, but no matter what it's uip to you to decide if seeing a certain movie is a "sin".

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." ~Romans 3:22-24
    Many people can go overboard with what they believe is "against" God. The only thing we can truly base it on is His perfect Word. Don't let anyone make you disbelieve what it is in your heart that you know is true and perfect. God is the one who has the last "say" and because we were all born sinners we must repent through the grace and love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hang in there and let us know if we can help! I hope we've helped you out in some way already...

Blessings,
    Bob
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Bob you are a gracious moderator we love you!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Bob you are a gracious moderator we love you!
    Well thank you Bobbi!!!! :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I pray that Bob and his family have a great mini vacation and safe travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Freak1993 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new, obviously, but i was hoping you could offer your thoughts on my most recent dilemma. Christmas is my life, and i love every aspect of it... except recently i have been having doubt about whether the whole jesus thing really happened, and wondering if god is real... normally i don't have any thoughts that are for or against god, but with all the recent drama over innocent movies that some religious people refuse to watch since it's 'against' god, i find it hard to put faith into someone who is so widely unknown to people. i'm just really confused, and i'd like to think i'm not so shallow as to enjoy christmas only for the gifts and atmosphere... so if you could offer your thoughts, or if you have any ideas, it would be much appreciated.
    Not sure that I can add much, but I know it's easy sometimes to tell yourself that it's just wishful thinking and that you're making it all up in your head. I have a hard time debating people about it- I don't know how to convince them. All I know is that I know that it's not just a fairytale, due to personal experience. I think with the movies and other things that people are against, it's because sometimes they get your mind to go places that it shouldn't go, and ideally, your mind should always be on God or about his business. At least that's my understanding of it. Good luck!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I want to send up prayers for all of you friends! I am sure we all need guidance in some aspect of life.
    Thank you!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Thank you!
    You are very welcome. Please pray for my great nephew John Matthew he had to get 4 shots yesterday and he is fevered up and sore tonight. I feel bad when kids have to get shots. But he was behind on shots and he still needs two more next month!

Thumbs up

I am happy to announce my blood INR is 2.7 which is excellent tonight. In order to keep it like this they want me to take my coumadin for 5 days straight then skip for two days. hopefully this will work out for me. My chest is not so bothersome tonight. God is merciful and grand!

Thumbs down

Please pray for my neighbor K.C. he lost his 19 year old nephew. I believe it was complications due to diabetes.

Thumbs up

I am happy to announce my blood INR is 2.7 which is excellent tonight. In order to keep it like this they want me to take my coumadin for 5 days straight then skip for two days. hopefully this will work out for me. My chest is not so bothersome tonight. God is merciful and grand!
    Yay! I hope it stays that way!