Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Second favorite Holiday

Thumbs up My Second favorite Holiday

Easter is my second favortie holiday! I usually make three easter baskets. One for hubby and two small ones for my fur babies. They love marshmallow peeps and boiled eggs but I also add dog treats and biscuits to their baskets. I love to get hubby the cadbury creme eggs and malted milk balls for easter. Myself I would rather have a dozen pickled eggs! He usually gets me a stuffed animal or something else just as cute.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Easter is my second favorite holiday too. I do love Thanksgiving and Indepence Day also.
    I never thought to make baskets for my fur children although I did get them treats for Easter. What a great idea! I've already got some neat ideas about what to put in it.

:snow:

I think for me I have 2 that tie, Easter AND Thanksgiving.the I love them both for differences they each bring.When Easter comes I feel a sense of renewal.At Thanksgiving it's a time for thanks ...of coarse,but it's the warmth of the get together s.

Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night

Do you decorate for Easter?

I get my 3 kids an Easter basket. They are getting old but I still do. We still make colored eggs also.

Easter is my second favorite holiday, too. I decorate for Easter although I don't have wonderful decorations like I have for Christmas. Maybe I can add to my Easter decorations one of these years.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:gingerbread:

I decorate for Easter,I have painted ceramics,I made a door wreath with Easter grass and plastic eggs then add an Easter bow.looks good.
    One year I made a duck out of Styrofoam balls two different sizes then covered it with chenille add eyes a beak and a straw hat.I'll see if my son would upload the pic for me so I can show you

Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    Easter is my second favortie holiday! I usually make three easter baskets. One for hubby and two small ones for my fur babies. They love marshmallow peeps and boiled eggs but I also add dog treats and biscuits to their baskets. I love to get hubby the cadbury creme eggs and malted milk balls for easter. Myself I would rather have a dozen pickled eggs! He usually gets me a stuffed animal or something else just as cute.

This brings back so many memories from my childhood. We always had an egg hunt on the Saturday before Easter. And whoever found the lucky egg won a prize. Then we'd eat the eggs. And on Easter morning, we'd open our baskets before going to church in our new clothes bought specifically for Easter Sunday. Thanks for posting this onemagicalchristmas. It really made me think about what Easter was like for me as a kid.

Denise Wilson
    Charming Gift Store
    http://www.charminggiftstore.com
    Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

I'm also fond of Easter. We color eggs the night before, and if we don't have relatives up, watch The Passion of the Christ (a new tradition). We all get Easter baskets Easter morning (parents, too)- we all contribute to them (I've been prefering plants or small Easter gifts to candy, lately); have a big breakfast; go to church and then have a big Easter dinner. Sometimes, if the weather cooperates, we play wiffle ball. I used to love getting new clothes and shoes for Easter! I tried to continue the tradition, but I can never find what I'm looking for (which might be for the best!)

I very much like being mindful of holy week. I go to daily mass that week and have started fixing a "Passover supper" with lamb and the things they mention in the Bible, on Holy Thursday. We take turns reading from the 4 gospels about the Last Supper while we're eating. I did this for the first time last year and I liked it- made it more real for me.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Mistletoe, when I was a kid I attended the Methodist Church Sunday School a couple of times on Easter; we rode on a bus because our parents didn't go. I remember begging my mother to make me a lavender dress. She finally agreed to make a lavender jumper (she hates any shade of purple) and let me wear a white blouse under it. We didn't have Easter baskets, but my mother usually let us color eggs on Saturday night.

After I had children, I started doing Easter baskets every year. Now my kids are grown. I buy chocolate crosses for the grandchildren.

Here's how I decorated for Easter one year:

Do you see the empty tomb?

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

That's nice Marshmallow World- I like the empty tomb.

I've hit a dry spell with decorating the past couple years- with all the holidays. I have decorations, but I either feel like I want to put everything up and then I think it looks overdone or crowded, or I want to put just a few choice ones up for more impact and it ends up looking sparse. I'm waiting for some inspiration to hit!

My mother used to make us Easter clothes, too. My last few birthdays, my wish, when I blow out the candles, is to have a mad urge to sew (or to cook). I have these visions in my head of what I want to wear, which I can never find in stores. It would be great to be able to just whip up something custom made. I'm glad your mother gave in to the lavender- it's such an Easter color.

I like the idea of the chocolate crosses.
    I never knew they had Sunday school on Easter. But, I suppose, what better time.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.