Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feather Tree

Quote Originally Posted by tlazer View Post
    Are you really Irish? or are you like the rest who become Irish on St.Patty's Day LOL
    I don't know who this was meant for but I have irish and Pennsylvania DUtch heritages!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Were you picturing brighter colors? Pastels are my favorite colors even though I don't use them at Christmas. My husband ordered a little bunny box for me. I won't be posting my pics before the bunny box arrives.
    No, not brighter colors, but feathers sweeping downward. I was trying to picture how you'd hang ornaments on it. This makes much more sense.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    No, not brighter colors, but feathers sweeping downward. I was trying to picture how you'd hang ornaments on it. This makes much more sense.
    Oh! For some reason they call this style a feather tree. Maybe the first ones had real feathers glued to the horizontal branches. I don't know. So, anyway, I'm always looking at mail order catalogs and sometimes magazines, and that's how I learned about feather trees. My mother was one of those women who bought a magazine every time she went to the grocery store. I don't do that. Of course, she used to get Family Circle and Woman's Day for ten cents a copy.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Of course, she used to get Family Circle and Woman's Day for ten cents a copy.
    Wouldn't that be nice?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Wouldn't that be nice?
    I LOVE old, old magazines! That one came out the year my mother was born!

I LOVE old, old magazines! That one came out the year my mother was born!
    Really? Well it's all thanks to Google Image Search. Do you collect old magazines?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Really? Well it's all thanks to Google Image Search. Do you collect old magazines?
    I have about ten or twelve from before I was born and haven't counted how many from my lifetime. I also have Betsy McCall pages from McCall's magazine. Let's say I'm into anything old (or reproduction), not just magazines. I have a small milk bottle collection that I love, a few cobalt medicine bottles, a couple of telephone pole insulators, a little depression glass, and even some old readers that were used in elementary schools. Yes, I would enjoy living in a historical museum.

I love that little tree. Did you buy it or going to? Did you find it local? I had a small little branch tree but it is now rusted under the tape. I could probably take it apart but know that I won't get to it. Been looking for one and haven't seen any except the plastic ones that are clear. I have eggs I purchased a few years ago at Michael's after Easter.

Been looking for a white, cream and brown bunnies but haven't found any except for $40 ones and I am not spending that. Need to go check in some garden centers and see if they have any.

I have about ten or twelve from before I was born and haven't counted how many from my lifetime. I also have Betsy McCall pages from McCall's magazine. Let's say I'm into anything old (or reproduction), not just magazines. I have a small milk bottle collection that I love, a few cobalt medicine bottles, a couple of telephone pole insulators, a little depression glass, and even some old readers that were used in elementary schools. Yes, I would enjoy living in a historical museum.

Sounds nice...:D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
    I love that little tree. Did you buy it or going to? Did you find it local? I had a small little branch tree but it is now rusted under the tape. I could probably take it apart but know that I won't get to it. Been looking for one and haven't seen any except the plastic ones that are clear. I have eggs I purchased a few years ago at Michael's after Easter.

Been looking for a white, cream and brown bunnies but haven't found any except for $40 ones and I am not spending that. Need to go check in some garden centers and see if they have any.
    I ordered all my new Easter stuff and no one wants to know how expensive it was(except for the outdoor items which I got at Menard's). I recommend looking at Michael's, JoAnn's, and Hobby Lobby, but you'd have better luck going about a month and a half before Easter for a tree. The other stuff might be on sale after Easter. Another idea is to cut some flowering quince branches, put them in water and hang your ornaments on those.

See the finished tree:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/fo...ead.php?t=1332