Fish in a Bag Soap
This easy-to-make soap is a wonderful Handmade Holiday gift.
Tools and Materials
Clear plastic bag: 4 inches wide by 8 inches tall, and at least 1.5 millimeters thick
Clear glycerin soap
Heat-resistant measuring cup
Double-boiler or microwave
Small spray bottle
Fish in a Bag Soap How-To
1. Open the plastic bag and cuff the top enough so that the bag will stand on its own.
2. Place 4 ounces of solid clear glycerin soap in a heat-resistant measuring cup, and melt in a double-boiler or microwave.
3. Pour half the melted soap into the bag. Spray with alcohol until bubbles disappear. Allow to cool and harden for about 1 hour.
4. Re-melt remaining soap. Pour a small amount of melted soap on top of cooled soap in bag. Spray with alcohol. Position fish in melted soap, and let set 15 minutes to lock into place.
5. Pour the remaining soap over fish. Spray with alcohol. Gather bag above soap and pinch with clothespin. Allow soap to cool for 15 minutes.
6. Remove clothespin, and tie with a ribbon threaded with a gift tag.
Fish, bags, and soap can be purchased through goplanetearth. com.