Since I have posted instructions on how to post and uplaod photos a number of times on the forums, I decided to make a separate thread about it so everyone can hopefully find it easier...
There are two ways you can post photos: You can attach a picture to a post or create a photo album on here to display multiple photos.
How to attach a photo to a post:
How to create a photo album:
- After you write your post, scroll down to the Additional Options box below.
- Under Attach Files, click on Manage Attachments.
- You can find a file by clicking on Browse beside Upload File from your Computer.
- Find the correct photo file, then click Upload.
- This will attach the photo to the post you have written.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more assistance. :waving:
- Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on User CP on the top toolbar.
- On the left side under Networking there is a Pictures & Albums link.
- Click on the Pictures & Albums link.
- On this screen you will see a link titled Add Album.
- Create a title and description for your new album and click Submit.
- The next screen will show your album's name and description and there will be a link that says Click here to upload pictures!
- Click on that link and browse for photos on your computer. You can upload three photos at a time.
- Once you have selected your photos, click on Upload Pictures.
- After your pictures are uploaded you can give them captions and set one for the album cover.
- Make sure you click Save Changes and your photos will be added to your album.
UPDATE FOR 2010!
If you're having trouble uploading photos to the Forum Galleries, please try FLICKR.COM instead. It's a FREE, EASY TO USE Photo Hosting Service by YAHOO! (Which means if you have a YAHOO ID, you can log in right away!)
Questions about Flickr? Read Their FAQ.
Once you've uploaded your photos to your account, you can add them to the ATC Forum Group and/or link or add them to your posts here on the FORUM using the IMG Tags (or by clicking the "Insert Image" icon up top when replying or starting a thread).
I hope this makes an easier way for everyone to share their wonderful photos with all of us here on the forum!
Another Easy-To-Use Option
Go to www.imgur.com
Click on upload from "COMPUTER"
choose your file, and "START UPLOAD"
Once it's uploaded the URL will be under "Link (Email & IM)" OR you can copy the "Message Boards" Link and post that directly into your message here on ATC Forums.
HERE'S THE STEPS WITH PHOTOS:
I hope this helps anyone still having problems with the ATC Attachments/Uploads here.
Please PM me if you have any questions (link is in my signature).
thx its actually quite easy to do