best for Christmas;]:tree1:
:waving: sounds interesting though:waving:
The receipt for traditional Slovenian christmas sweet named POTICA:
* 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup milk, lukewarm
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 6 egg yolks
* 1 1/3 cups milk
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup honey
* 1 1/2 cups raisins
* 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. In a small mixing bowl, dissolve yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 3 tablespoons of the flour in warm milk. Mix well, and let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter with the remaining sugar. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yeast mixture, remaining milk, 4 cups of flour and the salt; mix well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
3. Lightly grease one or two cookie sheets. Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and roll Out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Spread each piece with melted butter, honey, raisins, walnuts and cinnamon. Roll each piece up like a jelly roll and pinch the ends. Place seam side down onto the prepared baking sheets. Let rise until double in volume. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
thanks for sharing. Looks so appetizing:)
That sounds good, would love some!
will try to make this... thanks.. :)
anything with poppy seed?