Christmas gift baskets
The wonderful thing about creating your own christmas gift
baskets is that you can personalize them to suit the recipient.
You can add favorite little indulgences and particular brand
names that you know will be enjoyed. And with just a little
time and effort, you can create christmas gift baskets as
beautiful as those sold in specialty stores.
Gift basket ideas
Browse our growing list
of gift basket ideas featuring gourmet gift baskets, christmas
gift baskets for kids, theme baskets and more. View
Basket or other container - Florist foam
- Scissors - Bamboo sticks/skewers - Clear packing tape
- Decorative bow and/or ribbon - Plastic shrink wrap (optional)
- Filler (Colored grass - Raffia - Fabric - Crumpled tissue
paper) - Gift items
- Select your basket and decorate if desired with spray
paint, silk flowers, floral sprigs, buttons, ribbon, decoupage,
- Cut florist foam to fit snugly into the bottom of the
basket (spread newspaper when cutting for easy clean up).
- Arrange gift items in basket with larger items in the
back. To hold gift items in place, tape a wooden skewer
to the back of each item then insert skewer into florist
foam. Skewers may be snipped with scissors if too long.
- Use filler, such as raffia or shredded tissue paper,
to cover florist foam and arrange filler among gift items.
- Wrap ribbon around the side of the basket and shrink
wrap if desired.
- Attach bow and card to basket handle.
Creative ideas for packaging
your gift items beside traditional wicker baskets:
- Large mug
- Salad bowl
- Pasta pot
- Crock pot
- Casserole dish
- Large wok
- Cookie jar
- Large frying pan
- Terra cotta pot
- Baby bath tub
- Tackle box
- Sewing basket/box
- Medium-sized cooler
- Large toy dump truck
- Laundry basket
- Storage container