The wonderful thing about creating your own christmas gift baskets is that you can personalize them to suit the recipient. You can add favorite little indulgences and particular brand names that you know will be enjoyed. And with just a little time and effort, you can create christmas gift baskets as beautiful as those sold in specialty stores.
Gift basket ideas
Basket or other container – Florist foam – Scissors – Bamboo sticks/skewers – Clear packing tape – Decorative bow and/or ribbon – Plastic shrink wrap (optional) – Filler (Colored grass – Raffia – Fabric – Crumpled tissue paper) – Gift items
- Select your basket and decorate if desired with spray paint, silk flowers, floral sprigs, buttons, ribbon, decoupage, etc.
- Cut florist foam to fit snugly into the bottom of the basket (spread newspaper when cutting for easy clean up).
- Arrange gift items in basket with larger items in the back. To hold gift items in place, tape a wooden skewer to the back of each item then insert skewer into florist foam. Skewers may be snipped with scissors if too long.
- Use filler, such as raffia or shredded tissue paper, to cover florist foam and arrange filler among gift items.
- Wrap ribbon around the side of the basket and shrink wrap if desired.
- Attach bow and card to basket handle.
Creative ideas for packaging your gift items beside traditional wicker baskets: